How do I leave a copy of email messages on my email server in order to view them later in webmail?
Our email system allows various methods of checking your mail, including IMAP, POP and WEBMAIL.
In order to view your emails in webmail, there needs to be a copy of the message left on the server. IMAP natively supports this, however if your email programme is set up to use POP then possibly the emails are being downloaded to your local computer, the result being that your webmail will appear empty.
Most email clients support a "Leave a copy of messages on the server" function and if you are most definitely using POP, then you will need to manually activate this option.
Note: The tutorial below is for Outlook 2002 but other email clients can be configured in a similar manner.
So to configure your email client to leave a copy of messages on the server, please follow these instructions.
1. Open Outlook
2. Click on Tools > Email Accounts
3. Select View or Change Existing email accounts
4. Select the email account you want to change
5. Click on the button that says "More Settings".
6. Click on the Advanced Tab and tick the box that says "Leave a copy of messages on the server".
7. Click OK.